Affordable Spay/Neuter Surgery For All
Anicira was founded as an affordable spay/neuter clinic to address the pet overpopulation problem in Central Virginia. Since opening in 2005, we have provided thousands of spay/neuter surgeries and helped reduce shelter intake dramatically. Today, we continue our mission by offering affordable spay/neuter surgeries to all patients who visit.
Preventive care services such as vaccinations, testing, and microchipping are also available at the time of surgery. The center follows the recommendations of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians and the National Spay/Neuter Response Team to provide high-quality medicine backed by the most recent science.
If you are unable to afford a spay or neuter surgery for your pet, we have options available to help. Please give us a call to discuss.
As part of our mission to increase access to veterinary care, Anicira offers reduced fees for non-profit animal welfare organizations.
Preoperative Spay/Neuter Instructions
- Pets who are spayed or neutered live longer and healthier lives.
- Helps address behavior concerns
- Prevents health problems such as mammary tumors in females and testicular cancer in males
- Reduces roaming behaviors
When to Spay/Neuter?
- A pet must be at least 8-weeks old and weigh at least 2 lbs
- For cats, we recommend surgery before 4 months of age.
- For all female dogs and small breed male dogs, we recommend spaying or neutering around 5 months of age.
- For large breed male dogs (expected adult weight over 50 lbs) we recommend neutering at 12 months.
- Early-age spay/neuter procedures have been endorsed by the Association of Shelter Veterinarians, the American Veterinary Medical Association, and the American Animal Hospital Association.
- AAHA statement on spay and neuter age
Affordable Spay/Neuter Surgery Pricing
- Females $129
- Males $119
- under 50 pounds $199
- 51-75 pounds $219
- 76-100 pounds $269
- 101+ pounds $299
Male and Female $229
- Umbilical hernia repair (with spay/neuter surgery) $79
- Unilateral inguinal cryptorchid $59
- Bilateral inguinal cryptorchid $69
- Pyometra (additional fee includes IV catheter and antibiotics) $119
Emergency fee in addition to spay/neuter surgery.
Pyometra (additional fee includes IV catheter and antibiotics) $119
- Preanesthetic Blood Work $99
- Hind dewclaw removal for dogs $27/Dewclaw
- Deciduous tooth removal $41
Spay/Neuter Surgery includes:
- Pre-anesthetic physical examination
- Pre- and post- operative pain medication to ensure that our patients remain comfortable both during and after the procedure
- Individualized general anesthetic plan based on age, body type, breed
- After surgery each patient is kept comfortable with a warming system
- Vital sign monitoring by professional care team members
- Post-op clinic exam if necessary