Simple and affordable payment plans for veterinary bills. It only takes a few minutes and can be done from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Checking your rate does not affect your credit.
Anicira Financial Assistance Programs
Anicira offers $40 spay/neuter surgeries for American Pit Bull Terriers and Pit Bull mixes residing in Harrisonburg City and Rockingham County. This program was developed in response to the high number of Pit Bulls being euthanized in regional shelters without ever knowing the warmth of a home or the love of a family.
Financial Assistance Qualifiers
Harrisonburg and Rockingham County residents that participate in government assistance programs such as:
- Letter/lease from the local housing authority showing participant lives in public housing
- EBT CARD (Benefits card)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program card
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) card (formerly known as EBT)
- SSI Award Letter
- Most recent tax return (Form 1040) showing total income at or less than 150% of the federal poverty level, adjusted for household size
- VA Benefits Letter
- Proof of Unemployment
- Proof of TANF benefits (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Workers’ Compensation
If you live in Harrisonburg or Rockingham County and your income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level, your cat or dog qualifies for a reduced-cost or free spay/neuter procedure. Please give us a call to discuss.
If you are unable to afford a spay or neuter surgery for your pet, we have options available to help. Please give us a call to discuss.
Other Organizations Providing Veterinary Financial Assistance
Listed below are organizations that assist can pet parents who need help paying their veterinary bills. Please note that none of these organizations are affiliated with Anicira.
- Waggle is a crowdfunding model. Its power exists in collaboration – they work side by side with pet owners to create and run fundraisers. 100% of fundraised funds go directly to your pet’s care. https://waggle.org/ **Hover over the Add a Pet bar, then click “Add your pet to Waggle”
- RedRover Relief Urgent Care Grants fund urgent, life-saving veterinary care anywhere in the United States.
- The Bow Wow Buddies Foundation® is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping sick and injured dogs by funding urgent medical care and aiding with veterinary bills for serious conditions.
- Frankie’s Friends is a nonprofit foundation dedicated to finding cures and saving pets with cancer and other life-threatening conditions. National Frankie’s Friend Fund provides financial support for lifesaving emergency or specialty treatment. Frankie’s Friends also works with other funds to provide support for pets needing treatment and care.
- The Pet Fund works only on non-basic, non-urgent care. This category includes medical needs such as cancer treatment, heart disease, chronic conditions, endocrine diseases, eye diseases, etc.
- The Mosby Foundation provides financial assistance for non-routine medical care for sick, abused and neglected dogs.
- For the Love of Alex provides emergency funding for life-saving veterinary care of low-income families.
- Brown Dog Foundation provides assistance for sick pets that would likely respond to treatment.
- Onyx & Breezy Foundation provides funding and support to Pets of individuals where medical hardship is present.
- Paws 4 A Cure provides assistance with veterinary care for all illnesses and injury treatment which also includes medication, insulin, Heartworm positive treatment and medical equipment such as wheelchairs.
- Shakespeare Animal Fund provides the essential funding to ensure that the elderly, disabled, returning veterans, and low-income families can afford to pay for emergency care.
- STARelief’s goal is to reduce the number of pets that are left behind or surrendered to local animal shelters, and to work toward a future where decisions about providing food or medical care for pets are never made on the basis of cost.
- Dylan’s Hearts provides funding for those seeking assistance for one animal in need of urgent medical care.
- The mission of the Tipper and Squirt Care for Cushing’s Fund, Inc. is to financially aid families who are struggling to pay their dogs’ medical costs associated with the diagnosis and treatment of this complex disease.
- Rose’s Fund for Animals will financially assist, to the best of their ability, pet owners and Good Samaritans who have an animal with a good prognosis for a healthy life, but are at a financial loss. Rose’s Fund for Animals also maintains a list of emergency/medical assistance for pet owners and a state-specific page.
- The Animal Care Assistance Program (ACAP) offers funding to low-income and disadvantaged populations in central Virginia who cannot otherwise afford pet care including veterinary services and medications for their companion animals.
- Red Rover maintains a list of national breed-specific assistance organizations.