Affordable Pet Tail Amputation Surgery
Located in Harrisonburg, VA. Schedule an appointment today!
The cost of dog and cat tail amputation surgery ranges from $599 to $699. AAHA-accredited animal hospital meaning we are held to highest standard of excellence. Preventive care services such as vaccinations, testing, and microchipping are also available at the time of surgery. Preanesthetic blood work is $109 and may be necessary before surgery. Click here to learn more.
Why Choose Anicira
Your pets are our passion. We treat every pet like our own.
High-Quality Surgical Care
Our experienced team of animal lovers provides high-quality surgical care focusing on your pet's comfort.
Anicira is a non-profit dedicated to keeping veterinary care accessible and affordable.
What Clients are Saying
I cannot thank Anicira in Harrisonburg enough! My pup got fixed today and his shots. They were amazing! Very professional and kind people! I will always recommend Anicira. Thank you guys for everything you do!— Hailey Nichoel via Google
Everyone is always so friendly and helpful!!! This is my second time getting a pet cared for here, and it was equally amazing both times. Each employee does great at being caring, providing information, answering all questions.— Dana Jones via Google
Anicira rocks!!! Always awesome with my nervous furbabies and anxious furmom. They make a trip to the vets a piece of cake!— L. Eleck via Google
Tail Amputation Surgical Care includes:
- Pre-anesthetic physical examination
- Individualized general anesthetic plan based on age, body type, breed
- Patient warming system
- Anesthetic vital sign monitoring by licensed professional care team members to include blood pressure, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, temperature, EKG medication to ensure that our patients remain comfortable both during and after the procedure
- Additional medications, antibiotics, and E-Collar if necessary
- Follow-op exam if necessary
A dog tail amputation surgery costs $699 for pets under 50 pounds.
Preanesthetic blood work may be necessary and costs an additional $109.
An additional fee will be applied for patients over 50 pounds.
- 51-75 pounds $90 additional weight adjustment
- 76-100 pounds $120 additional weight adjustment
- >101 pounds $170 additional weight adjustment
A cat tail amputation costs $599. Preanesthetic blood work may be necessary and costs an additional $109.
General anesthesia takes about 24 hours to wear. Within the first couple of days, pets will begin to improve. Typically, a pet recovers within 10 to 14 days.
Yes, Anicira offers Scratchpay, Varidi, and Care Credit. Learn more information about payment and payment plans here.
Schedule Your Pet’s Procedure
Get Your Pet Help Now!Contact Us
or call 540-437-1980
Hours: Monday – Thursday; 7am – 5pm
Anicira Veterinary Center is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia off of Neff Avenue.