Access to veterinary care is the foundation for a pet’s health and well-being. Our financial assistance programs are designed to ensure no pet suffers because their family is unable to afford veterinary care. If you and your pet need assistance, please contact us and we will work to help you.
Financial Assistance Programs
Anicira’s Operation Free Pet Healthcare provides free sick and well care, dental surgery, spay/neuter surgery, and general surgery to pets of families in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County who qualify for Medicaid. Click here to learn more.
Pit Bull Terriers and Pit Bull mixes residing in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County are eligible to receive a $40 spay/neuter surgery through the Pit Fix program. Click here to learn more.
Aiden’s Friend Fund and Feline Fund help pets in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County receive veterinary care. Pet families must qualify for Medicaid or other government assistance to receive funds. Click here to learn more.
Unexpected veterinary expenses can be stressful. We want to make veterinary care affordable for everyone in the community by offering payment options that will fit into your budget. Click here to learn more.
Other Organizations Providing Veterinary Financial Assistance
- Waggle is a crowdfunding model. Its power exists in collaboration – they work side by side with pet owners to create and run fundraisers. 100% of fundraised funds go directly to your pet’s care. **Hover over the Add a Pet bar, then click “Add your pet to Waggle”
- RedRover Relief Urgent Care Grants fund urgent, life-saving veterinary care anywhere in the United States.
- The Bow Wow Buddies Foundation® is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping sick and injured dogs by funding urgent medical care and aiding with veterinary bills for serious conditions.
- Frankie’s Friends is a nonprofit foundation dedicated to finding cures and saving pets with cancer and other life-threatening conditions. National Frankie’s Friend Fund provides financial support for lifesaving emergency or specialty treatment. Frankie’s Friends also works with other funds to provide support for pets needing treatment and care.
- The Pet Fund works only on non-basic, non-urgent care. This category includes medical needs such as cancer treatment, heart disease, chronic conditions, endocrine diseases, eye diseases, etc.
- The Mosby Foundation provides financial assistance for non-routine medical care for sick, abused and neglected dogs.
- For the Love of Alex provides emergency funding for life-saving veterinary care of low-income families.
- Brown Dog Foundation provides assistance for sick pets that would likely respond to treatment.
- Onyx & Breezy Foundation provides funding and support to Pets of individuals where medical hardship is present.
- Paws 4 A Cure provides assistance with veterinary care for all illnesses and injury treatment which also includes medication, insulin, Heartworm positive treatment and medical equipment such as wheelchairs.
- Shakespeare Animal Fund provides the essential funding to ensure that the elderly, disabled, returning veterans, and low-income families can afford to pay for emergency care.
- STARelief’s goal is to reduce the number of pets that are left behind or surrendered to local animal shelters, and to work toward a future where decisions about providing food or medical care for pets are never made on the basis of cost.
- Dylan’s Hearts provides funding for those seeking assistance for one animal in need of urgent medical care.
- The mission of the Tipper and Squirt Care for Cushing’s Fund, Inc. is to financially aid families who are struggling to pay their dogs’ medical costs associated with the diagnosis and treatment of this complex disease.
- Rose’s Fund for Animals will financially assist, to the best of their ability, pet owners and Good
- Samaritans who have an animal with a good prognosis for a healthy life, but are at a financial loss. Rose’s
- Fund for Animals also maintains a list of emergency/medical assistance for pet owners and a state specific page
- The Animal Care Assistance Program (ACAP) offers funding to low-income and disadvantaged populations in central Virginia who cannot otherwise afford pet care including veterinary services and medications for their companion animals.
- Red Rover maintains a list of national breed-specific assistance organizations.