Spay/neuter rates range between $199 and $299 depending on your dog's weight. Located in Harrisonburg, VA.
Preventive care services such as vaccinations, testing, and microchipping are also available at the time of surgery. For all female dogs and small breed male dogs, we recommend spaying or neutering between 5-6 months of age. For large breed male dogs (expected adult weight over 50 lbs) we recommend neutering at 12 months. Click here to learn more.
Why Choose Anicira
Your pets are our passion. We treat every pet like our own.
High-Quality Surgical Care
Our experienced team of animal lovers provides high-quality surgical care focusing on your pet's comfort.
Anicira is a non-profit dedicated to keeping veterinary care accessible and affordable.
What Clients are Saying
Everyone is so friendly and treat my dog with so much care and love. He tends to not do well with other dogs and you all are extremely understanding. Provided wonderful customer service. I moved 45 minutes away from Anicira and still continue to make the drive to take my dog here.— Clare C. via Google
Anicira neutered my male dachshund and everyone was very helpful and kind. My dog Oakley, did great and I couldn't have asked for a more professional and informative experience. I recommend Anicira to everyone who is a pet owner.— Linda Sullivan via Google
Everyone is always so friendly and helpful!!! This is my second time getting a pet cared for here, and it was equally amazing both times. Each employee does great at being caring, providing information, answering all questions.— Dana Jones via Google
Spay/Neuter Surgery includes:
- Pre-anesthetic physical examination
- Pre- and post- operative pain medication to ensure that our patients remain comfortable both during and after the procedure
- Individualized general anesthetic plan based on age, body type, breed
- After surgery each patient is kept comfortable with a warming system
- Vital sign monitoring by professional care team members
- Post-op clinic exam if necessary
The cost of the procedure is based on your pet’s weight.
under 50 pounds $199
50-75 pounds $219
76-100 pounds $269
100+ pounds $299
A pet must be at least 8-weeks old and weigh at least 2 lbs. For all female dogs and small breed male dogs, we recommend spaying or neutering between 5-6 months of age.
For large breed male dogs (expected adult weight over 50 lbs) we recommend neutering at 12 months.
Spaying and neutering is sometimes referred to as altering, desexing, fixing, castrating, or sterilizing.
Surgeries take place under general anesthesia. In female dogs, spay surgery removes the ovaries and uterus to prevent reproduction. In male dogs, neuter surgery removes the testicles to prevent reproduction.
- Pets who are spayed or neutered live longer and healthier lives.
- Helps address behavior concerns
- Prevents health problems such as mammary tumors in females and testicular cancer in males
- Reduces roaming behaviors
Schedule Your Pet’s Procedure
Get Your Pet Help Now!Contact Us
or call 540-437-1980